Sunday, January 6, 2013

HOW TO PROFIT FROM TELECENTRES: A NEW MODEL INTO THE FUTURE

For the decade of 2000s, I was anxious that telecentres would become the way of life – linking rural people to their urban counterparts and the markets, than ever before. In each telecentre expedition I made; from India to Sri Lanka, Costa Rica to Canada, Hungary to Spain, and through Africa, the flames of this hope become more visible and strong. But at the same time, the hope for a self reliant telecentre was dimming by the time. This has made me wander through places; physical and virtual, looking for possibilities that would carve self reliance in telecentres. As a result of this long journeying, I have come at point where I present to you ‘a new model’ with which I am convinced that telecentre self reliance could be; planed, implemented, evaluated and predicted. The attached paper, hence, has been structured to communicate to practitioners, how the new model could guide the roadmap to telecentre self reliance. Nevertheless, pages talking about the framework’s application, limitation and recommendation have been extracted on purpose – to invite sector appraisal and dialogue – in form of feedback. I hope you find the new model applicable to the problem at hand. Review the model

No comments:

Post a Comment